Friday, February 24, 2023

Zoo Enclosure Designs

Our class is designing a zoo and we are making enclosures with different areas and arrays. We know the best unit for measuring area is a square. We're taking the dimensions and calculating the total area of each enclosure. This assignment has both (and we are being marked on both) Math and Art.

Here are some student quotes about this learning task: 
"I liked how we got to design animals and figure out how long the width of the enclosure." ~ Olivia
"I found it challenging the detail we had to put in to it because small details are very important." ~ Keagan
"I liked that it has Art and we have to make animals in enclosures." ~ Aarav
"I liked how we got to design different animals in our cages and put lots of detail in them." ~ Abbey
"I learned that it makes the picture look better if you add colour around the outside, not just the inside." ~ Charlie
"I enjoyed putting in different animals and detail." ~ Alice
"I liked that we combined my two favourite subjects: Math and Art together." ~ Sy
"I enjoyed colouring the animals." ~ M
"I learned that squares are the best unit for measuring Area." ~ Arsh
"I really liked that Ms Elder made it fun, like a zoo instead of just having squares." ~ Sage



"I liked that I learned that we are getting an Art mark." ~ Nico
"I liked how we could do animals that are dead or don't exist and that we can make it bigger than just one page." ~ Koen
"I like art so I enjoyed doing art." ~ A
"I like this project because we make me so happy because we have to draw and I love to draw." ~ V
"I liked that the big the area was, the more Math we had to do." ~ Nolan





Fitset Ninja!

Here are some pictures from our Fitset Ninja activity! Have an awesome summer, everyone, and I'll see you back at Ramsay School on Augus...