Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Curling!

This week's Curling Residency!

For the past two days, we have taken part in a Curling Residency with Coaches Tyler and Willie. We are learning the basics of Curling. Curling is a great sport that involves strategy, thinking and Science! We learned new vocabulary, like button, house, hammer, and take-out

Coach Willie taught us two strategies: setting a guard, and making a take-out!

We also learned how to score:



Tallying the Score!
Here are some pics of us in action and some quotes:

"I learned in Curling that the middle circle is called the Button and the entire target is called the House." ~ Charlie
"I learned that the thing that you throw at the House is called a Rock." ~ Alice
"I learned all of the different names of the equipment." ~ Clover
"I learned a variety of strategies to try to win at Curling." ~ Raj
"I learned how to use different strategies when curling in different situations." ~ Vihaan
"I learned that you could hit another rock and you could also get into the middle." ~ Arutr
"I learned a new game that was pretty fun and I liked it! I liked how to played in the gym and it's usually on ice." ~ Kashvi







Fitset Ninja!

Here are some pictures from our Fitset Ninja activity! Have an awesome summer, everyone, and I'll see you back at Ramsay School on Augus...