Thursday, December 22, 2022

Playground Design Project


This week we have been working on our Playground Designs! After spending the past two weeks learning about playground components and city criteria, we were ready to start designing! This cross-curricular assignment meets outcomes from a variety of subject areas: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Well-Being. To learn more about the specifics that the students will be marked on, take a look at our Google Classroom where the instructions and assessment are linked. 

Students finished up designing today. They have double-checked to see that they have included all 6 simple machines and all 4 healthy play components. They have ensured that their designs are inclusive and that the space meets the needs of all demographics of Calgarians. Now, they are calculating the cost of their designs with reasonably realistic prices based off the Blue Imp catalogues we've been using.

Check out each group's design so far!
"Something I liked was how I could add my ideas with my group." ~ Arsh
"I liked how I wrote the script and add our points to it." ~ Pari
"I liked how we could use our creativity to create different things. In our project, we used our imagination to create a pond with a fountain in the middle." ~ Vihaan
"I learned how expensive a playground actually is!" ~ Sy
"I liked how I learned more about other people in my group." ~ Suzi
"I liked learning about the six simple machines and the four healthy play components." ~ Abbey
"When we started it, it was really fun to learn about it and I told my mom. I've been trying to make simple machines at home~" ~ Kashvi










Fitset Ninja!

Here are some pictures from our Fitset Ninja activity! Have an awesome summer, everyone, and I'll see you back at Ramsay School on Augus...